Communication and Events Coordinator
Thibodaux Chamber of Commerce, a non-profit organization, is seeking a Communication and Events Coordinator to join our team in promoting our members by connecting business to business and business to the community through various communication channels and events.
The Communication and Events Coordinator will provide information about the Chamber, the Community, and the
Membership to members, visitors, and the public. This position is responsible for the overall communication strategy to
include designing, writing news releases and articles, photography, layout and graphic design, social media
management, and details related to all events. This position reports directly to the President/CEO.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate events by following budget and timeline, securing location, menu, and venue media equipment for current and future events with the assistance of staff, board, and volunteers to promote and increase the Chambers’ membership.
- Prepare and distribute all event information to members and media.
- Create, Input, monitor, and maintain chamber software for all events
- Develop and execute social media strategy to members
- Develop and implement surveys and reports, as needed
- Design, write, and coordinate delivery of monthly newsletter and weekly emails to members
- Serve as web administrator for writing, designing and updating website content
- Prepare nametags, assist with registration, and help with speaker presentations if necessary.
- Draft and disseminate all press releases under the direction of the President/CEO
- Serves as official chamber photographer for all events
- Maintains portfolio of Chamber events and activities
- Other duties as required by the President/CEO
- A College degree (preferably in marketing, mass communications, or equivalent discipline)
- Minimum one year of related experience
- Knowledge of databased software, computer graphics and web site functions.
- Knowledge and experience with social media for business posts on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with some creative and professional writing ability
- Excellent organization, public relations and planning skills
- Ability to maintain effective and positive working relationships
- Interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of preparing, executing, and maintaining a budget
- Team management
- Possess a degree of skills in logistics in planning events
- Available to occasionally work outside of business hours, including weekends when attending or participating in events.
To apply for this position: email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
by Tuesday, April 19, 2022.