2023 Scholarship Application
Part of the work of the Thibodaux Chamber of Commerce involves the youth, as they will be our future community leaders one day. Our area is blessed with intelligent and talented young people who are committed to their schools, their families and their community. And so, the Chamber is awarding scholarships to eligible high school seniors graduating from public and private high schools in the Thibodaux area. Additionally, these one-time recipient scholarships are designated toward those that plan to attend college locally, whether that be at Nicholls State University or Fletcher Technical Community College.
The scholarships include the following:
- Nicholls State University Award - One-time award of $500 made payable in the award recipient’s name to attend Nicholls in the fall of 2023.
- Fletcher Technical Community College Award – One-time award of $500 made payable in the award recipient’s name to attend Fletcher in the fall of 2023.
Consideration for one of the Chamber scholarships shall be given to graduating high school seniors who are enrolled as full-time students at Nicholls State University or Fletcher Technical-Community College in the fall semester, immediately following high school graduation. Applicants should:
- Demonstrate scholastic ability, leadership, and school/community involvement.
- Have a cumulative high school GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (Nicholls State University applicants) OR a cumulative high school GPA of at least 2.0 on a 4.0 scale (Fletcher applicants).
- Have a parent or parent’s employer that is a member of the Thibodaux Chamber of Commerce.
- Correctly complete and submit the scholarship application and attachments by the deadline of Tuesday, April 25th, 2023 via mail or email, as instructed on the application.
Application Submission and Recipient Determination
In order to be considered, each completed application submitted must:
- Be signed by the school principal, guidance counselor, applicant, and a parent/guardian.
- Have an attached copy of official high school transcripts.
- Have an attached copy of official high school attendance records.
- Have an attached essay composed by the applicant.
A Chamber scholarship review committee will evaluate all applications and make the final selection of scholarship recipients. Interviews may be conducted if necessary.
The completed application must be received by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, April 25th, 2023.
Click here to access the application!